The aging process is rarely kind, especially to the face. As we get older we notice those fine lines become more pronounced and once plump cheeks start to fade. Add to aging any wear and tear from life’s adventures or extensive dental work and the face we were once proud of has profoundly changed. Among all the cosmetic procedures available to combat aging, Juvéderm® filler has become a long-lasting option to help preserve the youthful vitality of your face. So, what is Juvéderm® and how does it work?
- Juvéderm® consists of hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring sugar that exists in skin and helps with volume and elasticity. Since this is a lab-created naturally occurring substance, there is little to no threat of allergic reaction.
- While Juvéderm®, like Restylane®, uses hyaluronic acid, Juvéderm® uses a higher concentration treatment which typically lasts much longer.
- With multiple formula combinations and strengths, Juvéderm® can be tailored to the patient’s specific needs. This treats fine lines, wrinkles and makes an effective lip filler. The injections plump the facial areas where it is administered, giving the face a rounder more youthful appearance.
- Using a sterile injection method, Juvéderm® is injected into the mid to deep dermis of the face. Since the hyaluronic acid compound is a smooth gel and is combined with a super fine needle, the injection process is less painful than comparable fillers.
- Juvéderm® typically lasts between nine to eighteen months.
- After the injections, immediate improvement is seen in the treated areas. The chances of adverse side effects are minimal with most of pain and discomfort coming from the injection site, which may include redness, swelling and tenderness.
- There is no downtime after a treatment. While you shouldn’t wear any makeup during the procedure, you can continue with your normal skin care regime after the injections.
If you are considering Juvéderm® injections to help smooth those fine lines and wrinkles, do some research to be sure your doctor is licensed and able to administer this treatment. El Dorado Dental offers trained and licensed medical professionals that can administer these injections as part of their spa treatments. With one stop your teeth and your smile can reflect who you are and not necessarily how old you are.